The formal dining room occupies the place that once most probably housed Elmwood's drawing room, although by the 1860's Allen T Caperton and his family may have used the room for dining. When A C Wylie purchased Elmwood in 1910 he created a kitchen, bathroom, closet and dressing room in the space. The 20th century partitions were removed and original space restored during the restoration project in 2014-2016. The dining room features a collosal 19th C Italian Crystal Chandelier, hand blocked English wallpaper, c 1800 Baltimore mirror, c 1790 sideboard and antique English portraits. Intimate meals or meetings for eight can be arranged here.